Joel Gibson - Research
I am currently a research affiliate at the Sydney Mathematical Research Institute. My interests are in algebraic and geometric aspects of representation theory.
- A Demazure character formula for the product monomial crystal, Algebraic Combinatorics, Volume 4 (2021) no. 2, pp. 301-327. DOI 10.5802/alco.156.
- The Hecke Algebra and Kazhdan–Lusztig Polynomials (with Alexander Kerschl). Book chapter, Introduction to Soergel Bimodules, RSME Springer Series, Vol. 5, 2020. DOI 10.1007/978-3-030-48826-0.
- Why Non-blocking Operations Should be Selfish. In: Moses Y. (eds) Distributed Computing. DISC 2015. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 9363. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg. DOI 10.1007/978-3-662-48653-5_14, pdf link
I list most mathematics software I’ve published on my home page.
- In 2020 I completed my PhD thesis A Demazure character formula for the product monomial crystal under the supervision of Dr Oded Yacobi.
- In 2015 I completed my honours thesis Contention in concurrent data structures under the supervision of Dr Vincent Gramoli.
You might have met me at the following conferences or workshops:
- New connections in representation theory - Mooloolaba, Queensland, February 2020.
- Flags, galleries, and reflection Groups - The University of Sydney, August 2019.
- Triangulated categories in geometry and representation theory - The University of Sydney, June 2019.
- Geometric and categorical representation theory - MATRIX, December 2018.
- AustMS 2018 - University of Adelaide, December 2018.
- Categorification and higher representation theory - Institut Mittag-Leffler, Stockholm, July 2018.
- Symplectic duality (the Abelian case) - WARTHOG (University of Oregon), August 2017.
- Future directions in representation theory - University of Sydney, December 2017.
- Soergel bimodules - MSRI summer school, July 2017.
- W-algebras - University of Melbourne, December 2016.